The end of the semester is quickly approaching. Below is a list of what you will need to submit for your final project and CD.
All Work must be submitted to me personally or placed in Patrick FitzGerald’s box by 5:00 Wednesday, April 30th. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Work to be submitted:
- Printed high photo quality versions of your 3 Page Spread of panels
- A PDF Process Book (This does not have to be printed)
- Archive of Original Files on CD
Below is a detailed description of what should be on the CD:
Create a folder with your name on it on the CD.
Inside that folder, create the following folders:
- Final Panels
- Process Book
- Miscellaneous (Optional)
Inside the Final Panels Folder include the following:
- Flattened full resolution versions of your 3-Page Narrative (ready for print) at least 6″ x 9″ at 300ppi
- PSD versions of your 3 Page Narrative with layers intact (at least 6″ x 9″ at 300ppi)
Inside the Process Book Folder include the following:
A .pdf process book that gives the pitch for your narrative and development process. It should include the following content on separate pages:
- Title Page
- Written Pitch for your story
- Reference/ Inspiration Images
- List of Major Story Beats
- Environment Sketches
- Character Silhouettes and Character Design Process
- Character Turnarounds
- Storyboard Thumbnails and Color Studies.
- Final Three Page Layout of Finished Panels
In the Archive Folder include original high-resolution files for all work submitted in the Process Book.
These files should be organized in sub-folders with the following names:
- Character Design
- Final Panels
On Monday, I will give a short tutorial on organizing your Process Book layout with Adobe Indesign to create the .pdf. If for any reason you are unable to work with Indesign, you can also use layer comps to create the PDF in Photoshop as previously shown in class. I urge you to have your content for the process book ready for Monday. It will not take more that 30 minutes to create the PDF in InDesign if you have everything already in organized in folders. You can also easily update it, if you need to make changes. Text should be in a .doc file or Text Edit File. We will discuss printing on Monday and Wednesday as well.